I thought I’d write a list of ways to spend time alone. Some are useful in that they get a task done, the others are good because they help you learn more about who you are as a person and to do what you love. Whatever you choose, embrace that time spent alone, we often don’t take advantage of it as we should when we get it.
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Read a book.
- Watch your favourite movie.
- Go for a walk in your favourite place.
- Visit somewhere new.
- Sort through that important pile of paperwork.
- Organise your wardrobe. If there’s anything you no longer wear, pop it in a bag to take to a charity shop.
- Start a garden, or spend time in the one you already have.
- Do some cooking, make your favourite meal or do some batch cooking to save time in the future.
- Have a spa time, and pamper yourself.
- Reflect on your goals, and how you want to get there.
- Visit a bookstore and choose a new book. A library is the free alternative if you prefer.
- Organize all your photos.
- Send out some handwritten letters to people you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook while getting some chores done.
- Take an online class about something you’ve been curious about that’s unrelated to your work.
- Do a workout.